Thursday, March 22, 2012

Relationship

We've had a lot of visitors on the farm in the past week and I realized there is something happening in my life and it's about more than just starting a farm. I am making the most amazing connections and building relationships that make every step of this journey a joy!

I want to work with children we all knew that, it's the reason this farm exists. What I didn't think about is how fantastic it is to have so many young professionals come along side me. My daughter Sarah is on the board of directors and is our curriculum director and special education/behavior expert. My nephew Erik is builder, web designer and farmer extraordinaire! We have a young gentleman Mitch who is a senior at Clark University and is helping with our business plan and marketing strategy. My sister Grace and her boyfriend Isaiah have contributed so much helping us to make connections and add dimension to our program. All of this has been done on a volunteer basis. They all act like I'm doing them a favor, letting them help create something like this. I just sit back and think I'd be drowning without each and every one of you.

My husband and I feel that every person we meet that works on the farm, hears our story and offers encouragement , or connects us to someone who can help, it's like they own a piece of what we are doing here. That was my vision, my dream....to open the door to this farm and let people in. Maybe farming is not for you, that's ok, you can go sit by the pond and have a cup of coffee and just breathe. I want you to feel the magic though because this has already been a magical, dare I say spiritual experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment